Topic: Forum Tips and Updates

Post Info
Zinfandel Expert
Date:
Forum Tips and Updates

Cbinc wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
Lol Cbinc you're a goddamned savage 🤣🤣🤣

but at least when she was pregnant, she didn't drink my Zinfandel!

TWWWWWWEEEEEEEETTTTT!

Two minutes in the boxfor unsportsmanlike thread mixing, along with a ten minute no wine/bacon misconduct.
Sorry about that Kardinal, I won't mix them up again...

Alumni
Date:

I think it's probably geo-location guessing based on IP, as I sometimes show up as United States until I put Canada in my profile.   You show up as Netherlands when logged in but as a guest it might be EU.  Have a look at the list all users link at the top of the forum when logged in (it doesn't work when you're a guest).

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Visit more regularly. ;)

I've been wondering if it was you when I see a "guest" visitor from the EU.

I'm not always logged in as I frequently visit from a university computer. So that could very well be. No more specifics than EU though? That's a bit vague.

Alumni
Date:

Visit more regularly. ;)

I've been wondering if it was you when I see a "guest" visitor from the EU.

Alumni
Date:

Is there a way to go immediately to the first unread post? I'm not opposed to the reversed ordering, but it's harder now to know where you left off. Especially in the faster filling threads and when visiting irregularly.

Alumni
Date:

These options are not available, but I have made a change on number of posts per page to cut down on the scrolling.

Alumni
Date:

I'll check to see if that's an option on the full site. I dont think there is any such option on the mobile theme. But will check

Alumni
Date:

Is it possible to add a page navigation toolbar/permalink to the top of the page (first, 1,2,3..., last) in addition to the one on the bottom? That would eliminate a lot of the page scrolling. This is especially needed on the mobile theme.

Alumni
Date:

Hi Folks.

New (July 9, 2014): Comments are now ordered by default as "newest first."  This is to prevent excessive scrolling on long threads.  Don't like it?  Easy fix: You can click on your account name (upper right when logged in on a NON-mobile device) and modify your account settings so that for you it will be "oldest first".   However, in the spirit of a mobile friendly forum - I made that switch.  I think you'll find it much easier, it's a quick adjustment.

Add an ICON on your iPhone to the forum!  When you have the forum open on your iPhone, don't just bookmark the site, go one better: click on the arrow (button at bottom) to bring up browser options and select "Add to Home Screen"  Give it a short name like "SCU Forum" Now the forum will be like launching an app!  (Super Pro Tip: Find a way to force your mobile browser to show you the "non mobile" version of the forum - for example try editing your URL and remove the word "mobile" in the URL - and then do the above "Add to Home Screen" trick and you should have the SCU logo for the home screen icon - looks even cooler. And don't forget to scroll down to bottom and click "Switch to ActiveBoard Mobile" to go back to the usual mobile format) 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.