Team Andy or Team Lehner [7 vote(s)]

Andy all the way baby!
57.1%
The Lehner for the win!
42.9%
Alumni
Date:
RE: The Great Goalie Controversy Poll

St. Louis is going to run with Elliott and Allen as a tandem next season. Allen is their Lehner. The only pieces that STL could offer to interest me would be Shattenkirk, Oshie or Backes. Just say no to Berglund. Best fit would be to talk to Chicago with Hjalmarsson as the target. Kane is a UFA after next season and he has been vocal about wanting an actual bonafide center to play with.

Alumni
Date:

St Louis is interested in Spezza, according to a lot of the "talk" these days, and since Ryan Miller isn't going to be signing there they are in need of a goalie. Spezza + Lehner for......well, to be honest, there aren't that many forwards on that team I really want. They work hard, but they aren't prolific scorers and we're going to need scoring if/when Spezza is gone as well as 9MM and Hemsky leaving.

Jedi Master
Date:

ummm... that's a bizarre emoticon. Sorry.

Jedi Master
Date:

That trade would make him a bloody idiot.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

OK. How about Spezza and Anderson?

Jedi Master
Date:

LOL! If Murray can pull off that trade, he is a bloody genius.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Andy for the Sedins

Jedi Master
Date:

Maybe we can send them Lehner instead.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I forgot about Vancouver. They need someone desperately.

Jedi Master
Date:

The Oilers are pretty stable in goal now, actually. The Flames might be an option, or the Nucks.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

No point in keeping Andy if they are going into re-build again. Maybe Oilers would be willing to part with one of their young forwards.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sadly, Andy is probably on his way out now - hopefully not until the trade deadline. I'm not nearly as confident in Lehner.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Without anything else near close to NHL ready, I'd say trade deadline. I don't see Andy wanting to stay here afterwards with Lehner being ready in a year or two. Other teams may want him, I'm thinking Calgary if they don't make a move for a starter, plus Burke loves Americans, and Alberta taxes are very low

Rookie
Date:

With Spezza on the way out, it's time to get what they can for Andy and move the team to the next phase. It's now Lehner's turn.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

No goalie controversy. Yet.

Alumni
Date:

It is Anderson's job, and Lehner is the back up goalie. Neither of them had a great season last year, but Anderson has proven he's a starting goalie in the NHL while Lehner hasn't but has proven he's got some maturing to do.

Alumni
Date:

That Andy guy is pretty good lookin' though

Pan
Alumni
Date:

WIN AND YOURE IN!!!!

Jedi Master
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Oh good, we haven't even hit the entry draft and we have an artificial goalie controversy.

It is Anderson's job until Lehner takes it away from him. 50-50 split this season unless one of them is killing it.

How is a 50-50 split "Anderson's job"?  Isn't that pretty much a direct contradiction?

Alumni
Date:

Oh good, we haven't even hit the entry draft and we have an artificial goalie controversy.

It is Anderson's job until Lehner takes it away from him. 50-50 split this season unless one of them is killing it.

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.