Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: New national / regional broadcast teams & schedule

Post Info
Veteran
Date:
RE: New national / regional broadcast teams & schedule

No idea about Centre ice; however I am pretty sure if you're a Rogers mobile user there will be some pretty wide reaching access on the go. I don't know specifics but there's some big stuff coming. Expect an update at the end of this week or start of next week, I would think.

Jedi Master
Date:

I don't know if we know all of that yet... how those channels will work into your package is probably partially going to depend on your provider.

I have no idea how the whole Centre Ice thing is going to work this season either... anybody heard on that one yet?

Veteran
Date:

Can someone clarify TSN5 for me?

As far as I understand if you "subscribe" to TSN currently, you'll get TSN5.  However I don't pay any extra to get TSN HD (somehow, I have it??); TSN2 is only in standard def for me.

Do I have to pay for TSN5 now to get the Sens regional coverage?

Alumni
Date:

Cuthbert has been doing PxP work for many different sports for years.  He's the famous voice of "SIDNEY CROSBY! THE GOLDEN GOAL!" from VANOC 2010, and been doing CFL for a long time too.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 5h
TSN announcers for Sens games this season: Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert as play-by-play. Ray Ferraro and Jamie McLennan as analysts.

That's actually not bad.

I really like Miller and Ferraro on any telecast, I'm not that familiar with Cuthbert and McLennan from what I remember is good too.  Dean was the absolute best in my opinion

Alumni
Date:

If Dean doesn't get in with the Rogers / HNIC crowd he'll be back to doing radio.   As a fan, I just want to have a way to keep hearing him call the games and as I like listening to games on the radio when I'm out and about, that's fine with me.   I hope for his sake that the lands somewhere.

Jedi Master
Date:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 5h
TSN announcers for Sens games this season: Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert as play-by-play. Ray Ferraro and Jamie McLennan as analysts.

That's actually not bad.

Alumni
Date:

I really liked Denis. He was funny especially when he wasn't meaning to be. He was a legendary NHL'er. Sure he has his flaws, and sure there are better colour guys out there. But there's also a lot worse! Which will we get? My money is not on better...

Alumni
Date:

I sort of felt Potvin, though funny, was a bit embarrassing Just my opinion

Jedi Master
Date:

Who ever said anything about him not knowing the game? It takes a whole lot more than knowledge of the game to make a good broadcaster. And a good broadcaster Denis Potvin will never be.

Rookie
Date:

I kinda liked Potvin.  Those high end players, coaches, executives (for the most part....) when they get on tv as analysts, it's like they play a character in having to speak in a way that entertains and unfortunately assumes that most of the audience is brain dead about the game (Ahemmmm..Pierre Maguire...Ahem... Ferraro, Jones, Milburry...).  They can't leave the casual observer in the dark or else they turn the channel....  Hence -- Potvin will always do well in a place like Florida....

Rest assured, these guys like Potvin (and Maguire et al...) have forgotten more about the game then what most of us will ever know....  Good hockey men and not having a HofF'er in Denis around the team is a loss.

And no matter, if we don't like who's calling the game on tv, chances are a sync up to TSN1200 will do the trick.

Jedi Master
Date:

I was THRILLED to hear that Potvin is leaving. Worst colour guy we have ever had.

Regular
Date:

It was clear that when it came to analysis Denis was a step removed from the previous awesome work of Garry Galley.  But you know what?  I loved Potvin.  I will really miss him.  There's a great personality there.  I'll really miss spending almost 200 hours a year with that guy.

Confident Fan
Date:

That really sucks about Potvin

Alumni
Date:

Looks like Denis is heading back to Florida to be the color guy.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

It must be killing the leafers at the toronto sports network (TSN) to have to pay attention to the Sens. They are actually featuring the Sens in some of their commercials.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

(and no worries about bumping a thread; it's not like it's 18 months old or anything like that)

There's nothing wrong with bumping very old (e.g. 3yr+) threads, it was one of my favourite things to do in the old forums biggrin

-- Edited by labru on Wednesday 23rd of July 2014 05:59:48 AM

Alumni
Date:

I've been listening and waiting but I haven't heard anything about Dean and Denis.   If nothing else, Dean can go back to TSN1200 with Gord as The Voice isn't a young man and is coming off eye surgery that caused him to miss the last few games of the regular season that just ended.

(and no worries about bumping a thread; it's not like it's 18 months old or anything like that)

Rookie
Date:

Not meaning to bump this back up in reference to broadcast teams, but is there any word out there as to if Dean Brown is gonna slot in there somewhere on TV broadcasts. Guessing that TSN1200 will be there, but with the existing TSN TV guys like Miller and Cuthbert re-upping in spite of the contract loss to Rogers might be tough to get those gigs.

Alumni
Date:

We can use a year out of the spotlight

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.